Sunday, July 20, 2014

Day Trip Report: Sedona, Gears and Golf



Sedona, our neighbor city to the north. Red Rocks, Vortexes and 10-15 degrees cooler than Scottsdale. No need to twist my arm. I'm in!   


458 and 360 Spider
On this day the play was to meet Steve at Hava Java, grab a bite and then exercise our Cavallino Rampante on the drive up.  Here are some "Enzo" worthy highlights.


Sedona Golf Resort:

Sedona Golf Resort
I love golf. I've been playing a little more than a year. I am absolutely awful.   Handicap?  Think Steven Hawking. I'm a solid 120 (or more) strokes...easy. But a few times a round I can hit a shot that would make everyone's favorite Blasian golfer tip his hat. These precious few shots keep me coming back for more.  Possibly the most beautiful course in AZ is Sedona Golf Resort.  Epic views, dramatic cliff shots and only $55 for 10 holes. Situated 10 minutes off the 17, you don't even have to fight your way up the 179 to Sedona proper, just under an hour and a half (at F car speed anyway) from Scottsdale.


Enchantment Resort:

Enchantment Resort

While the food at Tii Gavo, Enchantments only lunch choice, is not earth shattering the views are a show stopper.  The food at Chi-Ah-Chi, the "fine" dinning restaurant on property, is much much better.  Another fan favorite here is their spa, Mii Amo.  Enchantment is one of the best staycation places in all of AZ. The drive back into Boynton Canyon is full of twisties to assure the "Ponies" were ridden hard and put away wet.  G and I love the place so much we got married there last September. 
G and I on our Wedding Day

After lunch, we made quick detour through Cottonwood to avoid the Sedona tourist traffic and back down the 17.  Great way to get out of the sandpit for a few hours.


Thanks for reading!

Doc Jay







No comments:

Post a Comment